The long awaited Viber for Windows has finally been officially released today. You can download and install Viber on your desktop computer right now.
Viber for Windows lets you send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on any device and network, in any country!
Viber syncs your contacts, messages and call history with your mobile device, so you can start the conversation on the Viber mobile application and continue from the comfort of your PC. Best-quality HD voice calls
The main features are:
- Video calls
- Free text and photo messages
- Group conversations
- No registration, passwords or invitations required
- Contacts and messages sync between your mobile and Windows
- Transfer ongoing calls between device
1. First update your Viber on your smar phone. There is just a new realase
2. Download the Viber installation from here
3. Run the installation and follow the steps.
4. After it is installed, the application will automatically run (if it doesn’t, you should run it) and it will ask you to enter the mobile phone number for your Viber account. (Dont use the country code, you will select the country from the list, and just enter your phone number as 06112313), You need to enter the exact number you use on your smart phone with Viber.
5. After clicking on the continue button, you will receive a message with a four-digit activation code on your Viber app on your smart phone Enter the code into the required field in order to activate Viber for Windows.
6. That’s it! You should now see the main Viber window in front of you, like in the image below, having all of your contacts on the left side. Though, be patient when you run it the first time, it needs a couple of minutes to retrieve all contacts and their information from your Viber account.
That is it. Each message that you send from your Viber app on your smart phone will be shown here and vise versa.
Enjoy with the new Viber on your Windows platform. I hope that they will soon allow the access to he Viber API so we can leverage sending messages from external application.
Viber just keep on with the good work.